Website Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Thunder Bay, ON
We are excited to announce a new opportunity to join our management team as Payroll Officer at Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation (NALSC). The Payroll Officer is a member of our Finance team, reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
The Payroll Officer is responsible for collecting, verifying, maintaining, and processing accurate payroll information for NALSC. The Payroll Officer calculates pay and benefit entitlements for employees, distributes payment statements and responds to employee questions regarding taxes, deductions, and employee benefits. The Payroll Officer will also support the Finance and HR department as needed.
- College or University education in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Payroll Compliance (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CMP) is preferred.
- 3-5 years related payroll experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures
- Advance mathematical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, communication, word processing, and file management skills.
- Ability to process payments and resolve payroll issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well with people, communicate well on the phone and in writing to request information.
- Experience working with program processes and formats – work plans, budgets, quarterly reports, year-end reports, evaluation forms, etc.
- Experience with electronic and manual filing systems.
- Experience with data entry with accounting programs or databases.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and web-based systems.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to speak Cree, Ojibway, or Oji-Cree would be an asset.
6% pension matching
100% employer paid health benefits.
3 weeks paid vacation after your first year.
For a full Job Description please visit https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Hours: FT Permanent (35 Hours Per Week)
Starting Annual Salary: $61,479
Closing Date: June 3, 2023
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Fax: 807-622-3024 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.nanlegal.on.ca
To apply for this job email your details to HR@nanlegal.on.ca.