Better Jobs Ontario
Better Jobs Ontario provides eligible individuals access to skills training to help find jobs in high-demand occupations.
Northwest Employment Works is an assessment centre for Better Jobs Ontario.
Start learning the skills you need to get back into the workforce.
How do I qualify for Better Jobs Ontario?
- If you have been laid-off and have not been working or are working a temporary job just to cover costs
- If you have not been laid-off but have been unemployed for six months or longer and are part of a low-income household
What Better Jobs Ontario gives you:Better Jobs Ontario provides eligible applicants with skills training for in-demand jobs, and financial support.
You can apply for up to $28,000 for costs, including:
- other instructional costs, including student fees, supplies and electronic devices
- basic living allowance (up to $500 per week)
- disability-related supports
- living away from home
- Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) and/or language training