Better Jobs Ontario
Get skills training and financial support when you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario (formerly Second Career).
Better Jobs Ontario provides eligible workers with skills training to help them find jobs in high-demand occupations.
Northwest Employment Works is an assessment centre for Better Jobs Ontario.
How you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario
You qualify for Better Jobs Ontario if you either:
- have been laid-off and have not been working or are working a temporary job just to cover costs
- have not been laid-off but have been unemployed for six months or longer and are part of a low-income household
What Better Jobs Ontario gives you:
Better Jobs Ontario provides eligible applicants with skills training for in-demand jobs, and financial support.
You can apply for up to $28,000 for costs, including:
- other instructional costs, including student fees, supplies and electronic devices
- basic living allowance (up to $500 per week)
Additional funding may be available for:
- disability-related supports
- living away from home
- Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) and/or language training