An apprentice is someone who learns a skilled trade on the job, under the direction of more experienced workers (journeymen/women).
Apprentices also complete classroom instruction as part of their training. Becoming an apprentice can be an important first step to learning new skills and building a rewarding career.
Benefits of Apprenticeship Training
For Employers: Gain a skilled workforce that can produce and deliver goods to meet customer demand. For Apprentices: You can earn while you learn a skilled trade.
Resources and information
- Contact your local NEW office today and let our friendly staff help you start your path to Apprenticeship
- Visit Apprenticeship in Ontario
- Learn how to Prepare for Apprenticeship
- For Employers: Visit the Ontario College of Trades website
- For Apprentices: Visit Apprenticesearch.com for information about the trades