Our Employment Services include a range of resources, supports and service components to respond to the career and employment needs of individuals and employers, and can help individuals on a path to higher skill training & employment.
Who is this for?
As a Community Resource Centre, EVERYONE can access the self-service information and resources including:
- people with job who are underemployed
- people looking for work
- persons with a disability
- youth (15-29 years old)
- Internationally trained individuals
Community Employment Resource Centre (RI)
Visit our Community Employment Resource Centre where anyone seeking employment and/or training can access this walk-in community resource. Individuals looking for work can access information on:
- jobs and careers
- the local labour market
- job search strategy
- employment-related workshops
- summer jobs program
- training opportunities including Apprenticeship and Second Career
Job Search (JS)
Supports for individuals who are unsuccessful or unable to conduct a job search on own. This service includes:
- individualized assistance in career clarification and goal setting
- skills and interest assessments
- interview and employment preparation
- planning and conducting a job search based on individuals goal setting and action plan
Job Matching, Placement and Incentives (JMPI)
Individuals referred to this level of service will receive assistance from a Job Developer in obtaining a placement opportunity with a local employer to gain the necessary skills and experience to be successful in attaining their goals.