Youth Job Connection
The Youth Job Connection (YJC) program serves youth aged 15 to 29 who experience multiple and/or complex barriers to employment by providing more intensive supports beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities.
Who can apply?
To apply for the youth job connection program you must be an Ontario resident between 15-29 years of age, not currently employed, not in school or training, and/or face complex and multiple barriers to employment including poverty, homelessness, and mental health issues.
This program will also provide part-time after-school job opportunity support to high school students between the ages of 15 and 18 years old who are facing challenging life circumstances, and who need help transitioning between school and work.
Are you a Job Seeker?
Are you a job seeker looking to participate in the Youth Connection Program? This program provides:
- at least 60 hours of individualized job readiness training (participant is paid to attend training)
- on the job training up to 26 weeks in duration
- opportunity to be mentored and coached by local employers
Are you an Employer?
Are you an employer looking to participate in the Youth Job Connection Program? This program provides:
- financial incentives to support training and initial employment costs
- access to pre-screened youth who have completed job readiness training
- opportunity to support and mentor youth in the community
Learn more about YJC - Dryden & Marathon
NEW is currently offering the YJC program through our Dryden and Marathon offices only.
Please bring or email your completed application form to your local office:
Dryden – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (807) 223-4006
Marathon – email@example.com or call (807) 229-3223
Thunder Bay – Please contact YES Employment Services at (807) 623-0768