Victim Witness Liaison
Website Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
VICTIM WITNESS LIAISON
Overview of NALSC and the Victim Witness Program
The Victim Witness Liaison program is mandated to improve the quality of services to crime victims and witnesses of crime. The Victim Witness worker assists victims and witnesses of all ages in dealing with consequences of victimization and helps them through the criminal justice process. S/he acts as support, ensures immediate needs are addressed such as safety, referring to appropriate resources, assists victims and witnesses with the court process and/or to participate in a restorative justice process and liaises with appropriate agencies and service organizations.
- Education or experience in social work, mental health, paralegal, or related field
- Ability to counsel/relate to people with emotional situations
- Experience with the Euro-Canadian legal system and knowledge of Aboriginal justice systems
- Experience in program management and planning
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Computer skills using MS Word
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively
- Valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle
- Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree, Cree or Ojibway an asset
- Training will be provided
- 6% pension matching
- 100% employer paid health benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation after your first year
For a full job description please visit https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/
Location: Kenora, ON
Hours: FT Permanent (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Please send cover letter, and resume to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
Tel: 1-800-465-5581 Fax: 807-622-3024 Email: email@example.com
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.nanlegal.on.ca
To apply for this job email your details to HR@nanlegal.on.ca.