$88,060.28 to $103,600.58
Ongoing until filled
As a fully accredited hospital under the national standards of Accreditation Canada; Lake of the Woods District Hospital’s goal is to provide high quality patient care. LWDH meets the immediate healthcare needs of residents of the City of Kenora, as well as a large surrounding area, including several First Nations Communities.
Treating well over 30,000 people per year, LWDH is Northwestern Ontario’s largest hospital outside of Thunder Bay. Additionally, the hospital is an integral partner in the All Nations Health Partners Ontario Health Team; one of the first 24 teams in the province and is currently in the planning phase of developing a new All Nations Hospital.
Reporting to the Emergency Department (ED) Physician Lead, under the clinical direction of their Supervising Physician, and in accordance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s policy on delegation, the Physician Assistant works as a member of the clinical team to provide excellent, safe care to patients, their families and significant others in a fiscally responsible manner. The ED Physician Lead shall be the Primary Supervisor Physician for the Physician Assistant.
Why Work with LWDH? As a full-time Physician Assistant, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– Three (3) weeks paid vacation, pro-rated for your first year
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
– Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental/orthodontic services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Successful completion of a recognized accredited Physician Assistant bachelor’s degree educational program
– Certified or eligible for certification with the Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
– Clinical placement during PA program in an Emergency Department
– Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Physician Assistant role
– Perform a complete and appropriate assessment of a patient and formulate a treatment care plan, including (but not limited to) admission histories and best possible medication histories.
– Implement effective treatment plans that include preventive and therapeutic interventions.
– Demonstrate appropriate procedural skills, both diagnostic and therapeutic
– Seek appropriate consultation from the supervising physician and other health professionals
– Work closely with all physicians, and the multidisciplinary team involved in the patient’s care.
– Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner
– Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to motivate others and a leadership style that promotes and facilitates teamwork
– Accurately convey relevant information and explanations and instructions to patients, and caregivers
– Work effectively within the Physician Assistant-Physician relationship
– Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods in a busy working environment
– Must be able to function under moderate to high levels of stress
– Reliable attendance record
– Knowledge of First Nations culture an asset
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.