Website Welcome Friend Association's Rainbow Camp
Rainbow Camp for 2SLGBTQ+ youth is hiring Site Staff for our 2023 season! We are looking for kitchen and ground maintenance staff.
Head Cooks and Kitchen Assistants
Our head cooks are responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the camp kitchen and for providing nutritious and healthy meals for the Rainbow Camp community. Duties include menu planning, food ordering, cooking, cleaning, prep and serving. Kitchen Assistants assist the head cooks in the camp kitchen. They help with preparation with preparation and serving of all meals and snacks and ensure that the kitchen/dining areas are always clean.
Becoming familiar with Policies and Procedures and following them
Following all kitchen requirements as dictated by Algoma Public Health
- Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the kitchen including menu planning, food ordering, cooking, cleaning, meal preparation and serving
- Creation of weekly menus for approval from the Director
- Ensuring nutritious and health meals are available for all participants, staff and volunteers including those with allergies or dietary restrictions
- Oversee and provide direction to Kitchen Assistants
- Assist the Head Cooks in any areas required including food preparation, serving, cleaning and planning
Required Qualifications for Kitchen Staff:
- Food Handlers Certificate (required)
- Experience working in a kitchen serving food to large groups of people
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C (preferred)
Maintenance/Grounds Staff are responsible for assisting in making sure the Rainbow Camp property remains safe and operational at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completing daily safety checks of key camp areas
- Complete daily cleaning and sanitizing of key camp areas
- Ensuring all aspects of the property meet or exceed standards as laid out by Algoma Public Health (APH) and the Ontario Camps Association (OCA)
- Basic site maintenance tasks such as replacing smoke alarm batteries, mowing the
lawn, putting up signs, painting, etc
- Bringing any major issues to the attention of the Director and making recommendations for when outside consultants (plumbers, electricians, etc) are required
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.welcomefriend.ca/camp/staff/
To apply for this job please visit rainbowcamp.campbrainstaff.com.