True North Contracting Ltd.
We are looking to hire an experienced competent carpenter and apprentices. We mainly frame and build new homes and garages but also do renovations. We are looking for someone to complete construction jobs within the Thunder Bay district. We promote job worksite safety, excellent customer service and quality workmanship.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
– Read blueprints and drawings to determine structural dimensions to be constructed
– Analyze blueprints to identify potential structural issues
– Accuracy in framing buildings using raw materials or pre-constructed items including window frames, doors, staircases etc.
– Erecting and building scaffold as needed
– Knowledge of construction, erection and installation of formwork including ICF.
– Knowledge of exterior finishing such as vinyl and metal
– Interior finishing knowledge
– Ability to travel and work in Northwestern Ontario
– Ability to work alone, or as part of a team
– Ability to problem solve
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints
– Good physical condition and stamina
– Knowledge of equipment, procedures and guidelines
– Knowledge of the Ontario building code an asset
– Work effectively and efficiently while maintaining a safe work environment
– Ability to work a flexible schedule as required
– Strong organizational and leadership skills
– Ability to communicate and report effectively
Qualifications and Experience:
– 2+ years of construction experience preferred
– Red Seal Journeyman certification an asset
– Framing carpentry experience
– Apprentices also welcome to apply
Successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.