Website Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
The Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board Invites Applications for the position of: APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST (1.0 FTE Permanent)
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Applications Specialist is responsible for overall support of the Board’s business application platforms. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Define, develop, test, analyze, document, install and maintain on-premise and cloud applications in support of the achievement of business requirements;
- Ensure software solutions support and maintain required business service levels;
- Research and make recommendations on software improvements in alignment with department strategic objectives;
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance for applications;
- Leverage technology expertise to support team members in all programming aspects including trouble-shooting, development of standards and cross training on all existing programs and operational processes;
- Maintain relationships with software vendors;
- Working individually, as part of a team, or in collaboration with cross organizational teams or departments;
- Participating in, maintaining or supporting other technologies and/or projects as assigned by the Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in the field of Information Technology/Information Management;
- Experience managing and maintaining both on-premise and cloud application environments;
- Knowledge of Google Apps for an Education platform and administration of that platform;
- Knowledge of Azure AD and InTune;
- Working experience in technical support;
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment;
- Proven ability to work within a centralized service environment.
Prior to an offer of employment, all successful applicants will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening document deemed satisfactory to the Board. Please do not submit your Police Records Check with your application.
If you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Employee Services so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
To apply for this job please visit network.applytoeducation.com.