Website SYNERGY NORTH
Third Year Apprentices may be considered
Lines & Operations Division
Outside Staff Collective Agreement
$26.71 – $44.51 (May 1, 2022 rates)
Under the general direction of a Line Supervisor and the technical direction and guidance of a Powerline Lead Hand, is responsible for work assigned to construct, operate, and maintain overhead and underground electrical distribution systems in a safe and efficient manner on all voltages within the utility’s service area.
· Must possess an Ontario Powerline Certificate of Qualification or Red Seal Certification.
· Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Graduation Diploma.
· Experience working on live line voltages up to and including 25kV.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License with an excellent driving record. Note: A Driver’s Abstract will be processed by Synergy North to verify that the applicant has no more than 6 demerit points.
· Must have a proven mechanical aptitude.
· Must have good reading comprehension, communication skills, and the ability to read and interpret distribution system construction drawings and supporting documents.
· High regard for personal and public safety in a team setting.
· Must have good customer relations, interpersonal skills and teamwork skills with a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Powerline Technician Journeyperson.
· A Graduate of a post-secondary Electrical Technician or Technologist Program; or a Graduate of a post-seondary two year Powerline Program.
· Experience in the construction/electrical industry and the demonstrated ability to work at heights.
· Current certification in First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must be physically capable to meet the job’s physical and work environment requirements (as determined by a physical requirements evaluation) and satisfactorily complete an employment medical.
· Must have an ability and willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
· Must have and maintain a valid Class “AZ” driver’s licence (or obtain same within 90 days of employment).
· Must be available to work overtime, on-call, rotating standby, shift work, and out-of-town as required. Must be able to respond to emergency call-outs within twenty minutes.
· Must have the ability to work at heights up to 70 feet in an aerial device and/or on a pole.
· Must successfully complete a Police Information Check and Drug & Alcohol testing.
· Must have and maintain valid First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS certification.
· Proficiency, or willingness to obtain proficiency, in occupational health and safety legislation, Synergy North’s safety rules and work procedures, work protection codes, IHSA (E&USA) (Electrical & Utility Safety Association) rulebook, and other safety policies and procedures.
TESTING To confirm ability and suitability, applicants may be required to take tests related to the job requirements and duties of this position, which may be conducted by a third party.
To apply for this job please visit synergynorth.ca.