Website SYNERGY NORTH
Lines & Operations Division – Outside Staff Collective Agreement
Group III Schedule “B”: $19.83 to $24.79/hour (May 1, 2022 rates)
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Lines & Operations, and the guidance of the Lines & Operations Coordinator, is the front-line customer service person at the SYNERGY NORTH Operations Centre and is responsible for handling and routing various customer inquiries and requests, as well as performing various clerical functions related to Lines & Operations and AM&E.
· Receives, compiles, processes, and directs internal and external customer inquiries and complaints to the appropriate area(s).
· Dispatches emergency calls as necessary.
· Processes time sheets (including overtime), maintains and balances banked overtime for all Lines & Operations and AM&E Union staff, and checks and balances at the end of the pay period for payroll purposes.
· Performs administrative functions related to the initiation, distribution, recording and completion of all service and work orders, performing follow-up if required to ensure that each are addressed.
· Performs clerical work for Lines & Operations and AM&E, not limited to and including reception, filing, typing, completion of forms, processing P-card statements, and data entry as well as other related tasks assigned by the Lines & Operations Coordinator.
· Records and distributes minutes of meetings
· Schedules appointments for Line Supervisors, Distribution Technician(s), and Service Trucks.
Reconciles purchasing receivers and invoices.
Assists the Engineering and Metering Departments with clerical duties as required.
Distributes the internal mail.
Ensures that the security policy of the Operations Centre is adhered to when visitors and/or guests are visiting the building.
Maintains stock of supplies in meeting rooms and assists with meeting room set-up if required.
· Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
· Secondary school graduation together with two (2) years of customer service, data entry, and office/clerical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with computers and related software and excellent keyboarding skills with accuracy are required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, customer relations, and interpersonal skills with a commitment to continuous improvement and teamwork are also necessary.
· Must have proven initiative and be able to work effectively on their own and be able to successfully adjust to multiple and shifting priorities as required.
· Experience with Central Square / HTE Purchasing, Work Orders, and CIS database systems.
· Experience working within a Local Area Network (LAN).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must be willing to work additional hours, overtime and be available for call-in as required.
· Must have the use of a vehicle.
· Must successfully complete a Police Information Check.
TESTING To confirm ability and suitability, applicants may be required to take tests related to the job requirements and duties of this position, which may be conducted by a third party.
To apply for this job please visit synergynorth.ca.