Starbucks Back Up Operator
Employment type: FULL TIME
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Ready to Make an impact?
A day in life at coffee kiosk:
Working in Starbucks is an opportunity to provide personalized service for our customers. Become a leader at one of our on-site cafés. There you will have the opportunity to become a coffee and tea expert, and polish your customer service skills in a fast-paced, dynamic and friendly environment.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Oversees implementation of Safeway’s and Starbucks’ / Tim Horton’s merchandising programs Responsible for pricing, displaying, ordering and inventory control within the Department
- Responsible for the overall presentation, cleanliness and profitability of the Department, while providing excellence in superior customer service
- Supervise Department staff to include scheduling, training and assigning duties
- Ensure paperwork, as set by the Division is followed
- Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit
- Prepare hot and cold beverages, including specialty drink preparation
- Stocking and ordering product
- Perform all other related duties, as assigned by management.
What you have to offer:
- High School
- Previous Starbucks or Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
(Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, gripping
- Frequent computer and point of sale system use
- Frequent standing, bending
- Occasional walking, squatting
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.