Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Our Thunder Bay office has an opportunity for summer students and seasonal employees. This position will be situated within the Thunder Bay Geotechnical group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, concrete and grout.
- Assist with field and laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Prepare field and laboratory reports.
- Provide general support to engineers and technologists within the geotechnical group.
- Apply technological skills using commonly used software such Microsoft Word and Excel.
- On the job training will be provided upon employment.
- The responsibilities outlined above are a general guideline; however, other responsibilities may be required to meet project and business demands.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous work experience with laboratory and field-testing procedures would be considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, willing to work in a team-oriented environment, as well as individually.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, and out of town as required to meet project/business requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record are prerequisites of employment
- Must be able to lift samples and equipment that weighs up to approximately 20 kg.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including interpersonal, written, and verbal abilities to work within a multi-discipline team environment.
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and effectively manage time.
- Follow the HSSE code of conduct, dress code, and any other Stantec guidelines.
- Complete all tasks assign by your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Applicants should have completed at least their 1st year or have graduated in an accredited Canadian engineering program are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience functioning effectively in a team environment is important.
- Prior relevant work experience is valued but is not required.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice .
To apply for this job please visit stantec.jobs.