Website St. Joseph's Care Group
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (23-R645)
Bargaining Unit: SEIU-CLERICAL HOSPITAL
Status: Full Time
Site: St. Joseph’s Hospital
Rate of Pay: $23.66 – $27.83 per hour
Posted Date: 8/28/2023
Closing Date: Open Till Filled
Education Level: College Diploma
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services and under the technical direction of the General Ledger Analyst, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of invoices for all divisions of the Care Group.
– Post-secondary education in business administration majoring in accounting or other relevant discipline; or
– Previous accounting experience in a computerized environment
– Excellent speed and accuracy in data entry, particularly with calculator function
– Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work in a hectic office environment
– Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
– Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
– Must be at a basic level in word processing, an intermediate level in spreadsheet software
– Familiarity with Virtuo system would be an asset
Candidates will be required to complete standardized skills testing for Microsoft Excel and keyboarding skills.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Applications from all qualified individuals are welcome. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.sjcg.net.