Website Smart Modular Canada
Smart Modular Canada is a modular buildings manufacturer. From micro homes to hotels, we build to last. We are a fast-growing energetic company building quality homes and buildings for all Northern Ontario and beyond. Our philosophy is one of a family atmosphere with great people to work with. We offer a climate-controlled experience when working within the factory, with competitive wages, a benefit plan, and soon, a retirement program. Here skilled craftspeople have a regular schedule, are not dependent on weather conditions, and do not have the headaches associated with repair/emergency work. Come build your future with us!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
A Journeyperson Plumber can efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from installing pipes and fixtures, to hot water systems. A successful plumber must have a thorough knowledge of aspects of plumbing. They are patient individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail. The goal is to install well-functioning systems that transport water, waste, gases, or hot liquids.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
· Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring).
· Install water supply systems.
· Install hot water systems.
· Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
· Active Journeyperson Plumber registration with Skill Trades in Ontario.
· Proven experience as a journeyperson plumber.
· Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
· Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances.
· Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.).
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Friendly with a great deal of patience.
Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.