Website SBS Forestry Inc
Who We Are:
Are you looking to explore the beautiful backcountry of BC, learn new skills and learn more about the forestry industry? Join our team and start your next adventure. SBS Forestry Inc. is an employee-owned and operated, Prince George based resource management consulting firm with operations being conducted throughout the central and northern portions of the province. SBS Forestry’s majority shareholder is Sasuchan Development Corporation, the economic development arm of the Takla First Nation. The partnership has created new and exciting opportunities to grow our team and diversify our skillset and services.
What We Offer
· Benefits and Compensation including Extended Health, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Long Term Disability, Health, Drugs, Vision, and Dental. Wellness account to purchase field gear.
· Growth and development potential to advance your career within Project Management, Planning and Permitting, GIS, Forest Tenure Management, and Business Development opportunities.
· Reimbursement of Professional membership dues.
· Professional mentoring and training.
· Flexibility: We understand our employees’ needs and put value into a work hard play hard philosophy and thrive off a results-based environment.
· Living out allowance and RV trailer accommodations for remote work.
· New-model trucks, ATVs, and snowmobiles, we ensure all staff are well equipped with the specialized equipment and technology you need.
We are currently recruiting for Full-time and Summer Forest Technicians, this is an entry-level position that is stationed out of our Prince George Office. The Field Technicians will work with a team of professionals responsible for all timber development activities. They will need to work well in a team and will have exposure to all aspects of our diversified and integrated business.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Block and Road Layout
· GPS Traversing
· Ecological Field Work
· Bridge Site Plans
· Timber Cruising/Compassing
· Stream and Wetland Assessment
· Physically fit, organized, and are team players.
· Completion of secondary school required.
· Degree or diploma in Forestry is considered an asset.
· Registration with the ABCFP as an RPF or RFT is considered an asset.
· Relevant forestry experiences are considered an asset.
· Snowmobiling and ATV riding experience is an asset.
· Work in remote camp locations will be required. RV accommodations will be provided.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.