Website Ring of Fire Metals
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR & Administrative Coordinator is a full-time position which will assist with the daily Company HR & Thunder Bay Office administrative functions for Ring of Fire Metals’ team including supporting employees working at our remote Esker Site, Thunder Bay and Toronto offices. The role is based in Thunder Bay working a regular Monday-Friday 9am-5pm work schedule in the Thunder Bay Office.
This is an entry-level position with excellent exposure to all aspects of ROFM business and has a high level of career growth potential for the right candidate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Coordinate hiring of new staff internally or through recruiting agencies including:
- Assist with recruitment, produce job offers and conduct reference checks
- Contribute to the ongoing management of the recruitment database; post jobs, update postings, and manage candidate applications
- Support Payroll in the administrative part of the new hire process
- Assist where necessary with pre-boarding of new employees (remaining in touch, answering questions, sending relevant material, collecting employment paperwork, connecting with other relevant employees etc.)
- Facilitate new employee on-boarding (creating new employee files, ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons, updating records of new employees, connecting with IT, etc.).
Administration & Employee Relations
- General administration and coordination for ROFM HR function
- Provide guidance and clarification on ROFM HR Policies and Procedures to employees and management as required
- Periodic trips to Esker site as needed to engage with ROFM Site team and implement new HR programs
- Assist Esker Site Management and Supervisors with administering ROFM HR policies & procedures (e.g. conduct & behavior, vacation, discipline, etc.)
- Maintain and update digital copies of employee’ records
- Contribute to the development of improved work processes in HR functions
- Answer internal and external HR related inquiries or requests as required
- Assist Communications team to highlight employees for Newsletter and Social Media posts
- Facilitate exit interviews and terminations as appropriate
- Set up new employees in payroll system in coordination with Payroll team
- Assist with payroll administration/processing including review and timely submission of timesheets
- Enter transactions in HR System, including pay increases, bonuses, leaves, absence administration, terminations etc.
- Coordinate training for all new and existing staff as required
- Update training matrix for all staff and report all training statistics monthly
- Assist in coordinating learning and development programs for Exploration team as needed
- Act as the first point of contact for the office by greeting guests and answering phones.
- Ensuring the office remains tidy and organized.
- General office management including coordinating with building management and ensuring all supplies are well stocked.
- Act as the office point person planning anything from small scale meetings, office lunches and employee events to larger scale team meetings and workshops.
- Receive and distribute incoming correspondence (mail, email, faxes, phone messages etc.) and prepare outgoing correspondence
- Complete basic administrative tasks for Thunder Bay Office, such as photocopying, scanning documents, binding books, etc.
- Write and/or edit letters, internal documents, and presentations ensuring all corporate documents are consistent with the brand image
- Keep the supply closet, kitchen, and boardroom stocked and organized
- Act as the main point of contact with IT support for Thunder Bay Office
- Complete other department specific projects, from research to implementation, as assigned
- Active contribution to the company’s Health & Safety culture
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in another related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related HR experience required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain supportive working relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Experience working with a diverse group of people using a calm, tactful, discreet, and professional approach
- Proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a secure manner
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.