Website Northern Lights School
Northern Lights School is a small community supported elementary school in Thunder Bay. We offer education that is inspired by Waldorf teaching philosophy and curriculum. Waldorf education is a holistic and transformative education; rich in wisdom stories, academics enlivened by the arts, practical skills, festivals and nature experiences. We are located at Redwood Park Church and currently offer education from Junior Kindergarten through to Grade 6. More information can be found at www.northernlightsschool.ca
Under the responsibility of the Lead Kindergarten teacher, you will be guided in:
- Facilitating play and activities
- Preparing the morning snack and supervising lunch
- Participating in circle time, including storytelling, puppet plays, verses, and songs
- Assisting children with daily routines (e.g. washroom breaks, dressing for outdoors, hand washing, setting the table
You will independently:
- Supervise afternoon rest and play time
- Provide morning relief to the Kindergarten teacher
- Facilitate the after-school care (3-5 pm)
- Supporting development and delivery of day camps during the summer months.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm
- Monday – Thursday: Redwood Park Building (2609 Redwood Ave E)
- Friday – Tapiola Nature (140 Pento Rd)
Compensation: 35 hours per week at $20/hour (plus CPP and EI). We do not currently provide benefits.
Term: Contact ends August 27, 2024
Requirements & Information:
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Comfortable spending time outdoors
- Must be able to provide a vulnerable sector check if requested
- Education and childcare experience considered an asset
- Indigenous applicants may be provided preference under the NOHFC Indigenous
Closing date: Until filled
Who can apply: All applicants are welcome.
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Other: This position is supported by funding through the NOHFC Workforce Development Stream (or the Indigenous Workforce Development Stream as applicable)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.