Millwright (Mechanical Technician)
Magino, Dubreuilville, ON, CA
Mill Maintenance Trades.
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Technician (Millwright) is responsible for daily maintenance and repair of fixed asset Process Plant equipment to ensure safe, efficient and continuous operation with minimal disruption as a result of mechanical failure at Magino Mine. This individual will efficiently perform all required duties while maintaining a safe and collaborative work environment.
Processing operations include equipment and processes in primary and secondary crushing, grinding, gravity concentration, thickening, leaching, CIP, carbon washing/stripping/electrowinning, smelting, cyanide destruct and tailings disposal.
The Magino Project is currently in pre-production with key construction milestones achieved. The first gold pour is scheduled in Q2 2023. Located in northern Ontario, Canada, 88 kms northeast of Wawa and approximately 14 kms southeast of the town of Dubreuilville, this site contains a historical underground gold mine, and tailings management facility (“TMF”). Argonaut Gold conducted a Feasibility Study in 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp (“CIP”) mineral processing facility. Once commissioning has been completed, the Magino mine will produce approximately 150,000 ounces of gold per year during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life.
- Practice safe work behaviours and support the Magino safety culture through participation in daily and monthly safety meetings.
- Perform maintenance functions and duties associated with predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a variety of mechanical and processing equipment.
- Align, level, and install machine sections, components and drives ensuring safe lifting procedures.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and maintain various types of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Lay out, assemble and install piping, fitting, valves and hoses associated with various inflows and outflows throughout the plant.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses.
- Perform risk assessments prior to each task.
- Complete inspection reports, daily journals, equipment logs and technical reports.
- Maintain workplace in neat and orderly condition.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner for preventative maintenance and specialized or capital work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a mechanical-related program in a post-secondary institution or have acquired qualifications of the trade by progressively advancing through an apprenticeship program in order to become certified.
- Must possess a valid Journeyman Millwright Interprovincial Certificate.
- Five (5) years of trades experience in a heavy industrial field is desired, with mineral processing industry experience a strong asset.
- Solid understanding of inflows and outflows of air, water, solutions, reagents, slurry, and effluent.
- Previous experience with/strong knowledge of plant process equipment (e.g., crushers, conveyors, grinding mills, filter, pumps, thickeners, agitators, cyclones, etc).
- Sound ability to interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, parameters and specifications.
- Well-developed ability to comprehend and interpret operations manuals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of different lubricants and their uses as they pertain to process equipment.
- Extensive experience using lifting procedures with a variety of hoists and cranes.
- Competent ability to work with hydraulics.
- Good working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Prior experience in a start-up operation is considered an asset.
- Highly safety-oriented with a superior level of conscientiousness.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Works well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong commitment to health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Willing to teach or provide instruction to apprentices.
- Good physical fitness with the ability to climb ladders.
- Employees in this position must be willing to fill in as a relief supervisor when required.
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometres northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will ideally work a rotation of 7 days on and 7 days off (12-hour days).
- Although you will be assigned a work schedule, this is not a guaranteed schedule of hours, and your work hours may vary with the needs of the company.
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new mine in Canada and to build a career with a positive and supporting work environment, submit your resume by clicking on Apply.
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.