Magino, Dubreuilville, ON, CA
Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor, the Mill Operator (Technician) will efficiently perform all required duties while maintaining a safe and collaborative work environment.
Argonaut Gold is a Canadian-based gold producer with a portfolio of operations in North America. Focused on becoming a low-cost, mid-tier gold producer, the Company’s newest gold mine, Magino is expected to become Argonaut’s largest and lowest cost mine. Commercial production at Magino has been achieved, which is the first step in transforming the Company as it enters a pivotal growth stage. The Company also has three additional operating mines including the Florida Canyon mine in Nevada, USA, where it is pursuing potential for redevelopment and additional growth, La Colorada mine in Sonora, Mexico and San Agustin mine in Durango, Mexico.
- Ensure that in all aspects of the operation, environmental policies and practices are followed keeping the preservation of the natural environment a priority.
- Operate Primary and secondary crushing circuits, SAG and Ball Mill grinding circuit, Leaching and Carbon in Pulp circuits, Reagents and Tailings Facility monitoring and Carbon Elution.
- Ensure to adhere to all pre-operational check and procedural requirements to safely start-up, efficiently operate, and safely shutdown all process equipment.
- Perform Lock Out and Tag Out procedures on processing equipment as required.
- Operate all equipment in accordance with Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot, correct, and report circuit upsets and equipment malfunctions when required.
- Ensure proper sampling is performed so metallurgical KPI’s can be monitored .
- Complete and maintain shift logs and reports to the level of detail required, ensuring accuracy in the reporting of data.
- Assist with maintenance and perform other miscellaneous labour activities when required.
- Operate various pieces of auxiliary and mobile equipment when required.
- Share best practices and experiences with other operators to promote a strong and successful teamwork environment.
- Perform some training activities and direct labourers as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary School Diploma or GED.
- Mill Common Core is required.
- Experience with Surface Emergency Response would be considered an asset.
- Experience with jaw and cone crushers would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience on all or most processing circuits would be considered an asset.
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometres northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will ideally work a rotation of 7 days on and 7 days off or 14 days on and 14 days off (12-hour days)
- Although you will be assigned a work schedule, this is not a guaranteed schedule of hours, and your work hours may vary with the needs of the company.
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new mine in Canada and to build a career with a positive and supporting work environment, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.