Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Various Morningstar Unit Attendant Opportunities
Competition Number: 2022-822-030
Job Type: Various casual opportunities
This posting may be used to fill other permanent vacancies, including part-time and/or full-time positions
Hours: May be required to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays and schedule may vary depending on operational needs
Department: Mental Health and Addictions
Salary: $24.0286 to $24.9337 hourly
As per CUPE LOCAL 822 Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Ongoing
Are you looking for a dynamic detox attendant role that provides you the opportunity to work as a valued member of the Morningstar Centre team to support client’s healing journeys? The Unit Attendant supports people in their healing journeys by listening and providing primary care and case management services in a safe and comfortable environment. The Morningstar Centre supports personal change and healthy living by using a grass roots approach of meeting the client where they are at and working with the client in linking them with resources that can address the root causes and impacts of trauma, dysfunction, and addiction through western technologies of practice, traditional healing approaches combined with supportive counseling and referral.
– Diploma in addictions or social services, lesser academic qualifications may be considered provided they have completed acceptable coursework
– Current certification in CPR and First Aid
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Basic counselling and screening skills and the ability to observe and record appropriately
– Effective interpersonal and communication skills
– Knowledge of WHMIS
– Awareness of the local resources and Agencies providing social/health services to clients
– Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
– Demonstrated basic computer skills, such as Windows, Outlook and Word
– Ability to organize and manage routine and administrative tasks as outlined
– Class G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
– Reliable attendance record
– Knowledge of the Ojibway language and culture an asset
– Previous experience working in a withdrawal management centre an asset
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.