Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Opportunity to work up to full-time hours till March 2024, may be extended pending operations
$31.6172 to $33.5482 per hour
The Regional Training Program Instructor will work under the direction of the Regional Training Coordinator and work closely with the Regional Instructors. The position will deliver emergency care and mental health training programs throughout Ontario as assigned by the Regional Training Coordinator (RTC). The individual must be able to develop relationships in a quick and positive manner and be able to problem solve with resources at hand.
With this casual opportunity, there is a recognition of balance between working and personal lives. This position affords individuals the opportunity to tend to their life obligations while contributing to the team in a manner that is flexible, optimal, and accommodating.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Pay in lieu of vacation and benefits provided
– A third party partnered, self-directed and initiated benefits package through Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance is provided that includes customizable health and dental plans, life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), and accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D) based on package eligibility
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Secondary school diploma or equivalent
– Current First Aid & BLS Instructor status with Heart & Stroke Foundation of Ontario or the Canadian Red Cross Society, or willingness to obtain
– First Response, Emergency Medical Responder Instructor or other acceptable healthcare background
– Fundamental understanding of:
– The EMS system, specifically First Response teams
– Adult educational principles
– Knowledge and appreciation of First Nations, Metis and Inuit culture and educational process
– Demonstrated expertise in use and care of First Response Equipment
– Ability to work independently
– Effective written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to use technology and computer applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
– Ability to integrate principles of patient safety/risk management into daily work routines
– Ability to be work in office setting and field setting
– Ability to meet the physical demands including regularly lifting, pushing, and pulling minimum 50 lbs
– Ability to work various hours including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
– Class G Drivers License with clear driving abstract and access to a personal vehicle for travel
– Ability to travel to remote First Nation communities
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.