Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Competition Number: 2021-ONA-096
Job Type: Part-time Permanent
Hours: 0.60 FTE / 0.40 FTE
Salary: $35.52 to $50.85 per hour. As per ONA Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the Medical/Pediatric Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will have the opportunity to assist patients at various acuities and also to share in milestones. When working on these units you are an integral member of a team who provides hands-on care. Additionally, you relish the opportunity to build rapport with patients and families and exercise excellent communication skills in a variety of settings.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Pay in lieu of vacation and benefits provided
– A third party partnered, self-directed and initiated benefits package through Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance is provided that includes customizable health and dental plans, life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), and accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D) based on package eligibility
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
– Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Current certification in NRP (was NALS) and demonstrated continuing competence through bi-annual recertification
– Knowledge of First Nations culture an asset
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.