Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Casual, Part-time, Full-time, Interim, Permanent
$34.24 to $49.02 hourly
As per ONA Collective Agreement
Upcoming and new graduates are encouraged to apply.
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is actively seeking Registered Nurses (RN) throughout the hospital. Our hospital offers opportunities in a variety of specialty areas such as maternity, emergency, Intensive Care Unit as well as opportunities throughout many of the other programs such as, Ambulatory Care, Acute Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Acute Medical/Surgical and Mental Health. To learn more about our programs, please click here.
Why work at our hospital? We offer:
– In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
– HOOPP defined pension plan eligibility for all staff
– Benefit plans for casual, part-time, and full-time
– Various incentives: new grad initiatives, tuition reimbursement for underserviced areas, tuition forgiveness for nurses (federal student loan repayment)
The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is an accredited healthcare facility located on iconic Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ontario. We’re creating history through being one of the first 24 Ontario Health Teams and being an active partner in the healthcare transformation that is occurring in the province. Currently, we are in the process of working collaboratively with All Nations Health Partners to plan and build a new All Nations Hospital, providing existing staff the ability to shape the future of healthcare in Kenora.
Kenora is a unique city offering something for everyone. Find out more here.
– Must be able to function independently and demonstrate competence in Acute Care and/or Complex Continuing Care Nursing Practice within an RN scope of practice
– Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
– Ability to respond to dynamic patient care needs
– Current Certification in BLS
– IV Therapy/CVAD experience with demonstrated ongoing competence
– ALCS, TNCC, ENPC, PALS, 2Lead ECG Rhythm Interpretation, CTAS/Triage, CPI an asset
– Knowledge of First Nations Culture an asset
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves, and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.