Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
May consist of days, evenings, on-call, and weekends
Subject to change as per operational requirements
$39.3875 to $48.5488 per hour
As per CUPE LOCAL 3634 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of clinical functions and procedures to provide high-quality ultrasound images used for the diagnostic process and provision of excellent patient care. This includes ultrasound scans of obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, thyroid, venous, and scrotum. In this role, the assignment of clinical functions will take into consideration the technologist’s skill and training.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the images captured are high-quality for the radiologist’s interpretation and are in accordance with requests. The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for ensuring the functioning and troubleshooting of equipment and that the work area is well stocked and clean.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
– Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Registered with the CMRITO
– Registered with the ARDMS
– Registered with the CAMRT an asset
– Breast U/S and Interventional training an asset
– Registered in good standing with Sonography Canada as a CRGS (OB/GYN & Abdomen)
– Reliable attendance record
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Must physically be able to perform essential duties of the job
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.