Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Competition Number: 2023-3634-006
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Hours: 1.00 FTE
Department: Mental Health and Addictions
Salary: $35.1574 – $43.1665 per hour. As per CUPE 3634 Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Ongoing until filled
Reporting to the Manager, Mental Health and Addictions, the Mental Health Therapist/Social Worker II is responsible for providing case management, structured groups (eg. SRP), treatment applications as well as mental health and addictions assessments/counselling for clients while adhering to standards of practice as per the respective College. This position will be mainly managing clients connected to RAAM, MECCA, & Morningstar.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
– Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– A degree in clinical or counselling psychology, Social Work, or a designation permitting registration in the province of Ontario with the appropriate regulatory college
– Be a member of your applicable college in good standing
– Experience in individual and group counselling
– Experience in providing hospital-based and/or community-based mental health and addictions counselling and case management services across a continuum of patient care
– Proficiency in conducting psychotherapeutic assessments and the subsequent provision of evidence-based psychotherapeutic intervention strategies
– Knowledgeable of trauma-informed therapies, and working from a client-centered focus
– Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates ability to approach situations in a non-judgmental manner
– Demonstrates ability to function independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
– Awareness of, and maintains good professional boundaries
– Ability to foster and maintain relationships with other community agencies
– Ability to enter data and maintain their own electronic client records
– Demonstrates knowledge and appreciation of First Nations culture
– Ability to communicate in Ojibway or Cree is considered an asset
– Class G driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract, and ability to travel
– Reliable attendance record in previous/current employment
– Discipline free personnel file
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.