Emergency Registered Practical Nurse (Full-time Permanent)
Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
$32.0539 to $34.3039 per hour
As per CUPE LOCAL 1781 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As an RPN working in the Emergency Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be the first point of patient contact; treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions and requiring urgent treatment in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team, you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– 2 weeks paid vacation
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
– Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental/services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Certification in BLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Certification in IV Therapy for RPN’s with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
– Competent to deliver medications in an acute care setting
– Preference will be given to those with minimum 1 year medical/surgical experience
– Ability to provide evidence of professional development
– Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
– Reliable attendance record
– Discipline free personnel file
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.