Regular, Full-Time Support Clerk – Kenora
Website Kenora District Services Board
Competition #ISS 23-21
Join Our Team – Regular, Full-Time Support Clerk – Kenora – Kenora District Services Board (kdsb.on.ca)
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a regular, full-time Support Clerk located in Kenora, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Integrated Social Services Supervisor, the Support Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the various KDSB programs and directs individuals to appropriate staff for effective, streamlined customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Upload, download, receive, print, process and transmit data within various databases.
- Respond to in-person, electronic, and telephone inquiries.
- Receive and enter payments into appropriate databases, issue receipts, balance cash and prepare deposits.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and electronic mail.
- Receive maintenance calls/concerns, create work orders, and post housing maintenance chargebacks.
- Conduct third-party checks to verify the information.
- Produce correspondence and reports using the available software as required.
- Maintain community information board.
- Monitor maintenance of office equipment and order office supplies
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sufficient communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals, co-workers, management, vendors, and community agencies.
- The ability to handle concerns in a tactful, sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated respect for people of all colour, culture, nationality, and circumstance.
- High level of ability to use computer and other information technology, including specialized software and administrative systems including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, data input and retrieval.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated on-going commitment to the principles and practices of confidentiality.
Qualifications will include:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Office Administration or similar and two years’ related experience. Alternatively, a combination of education and/or experience is required.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
The starting hourly wage for this position is $26.08 in accordance with the Collective Agreement 2022 rates of pay, subject to change. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
This posting will remain open until filled.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.