Superior Greenstone District School Board
1.0 FTE, Full-Time, Permanent, IT Technologist
Job Code: 3610948
Superior-Greenstone District School Board
• Under the direction of the Information Technology Services Coordinator, provide support, maintenance and upgrade of all network computer hardware, personal computers and servers, all support for clients, training staff, Video conference updates and maintenance;
• Provide support for multiple software including MS Office 2016, Office 365, all versions of Windows Operating Systems, all network based computer software and all personal computer based software, as well as numerous other desktop and web applications;
• Work with teachers to assist them to use software effectively in their classrooms;
• Work with, and manage, Windows 2008-2012r2 Server Active Directory and LINUX Operating system;
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Leading and developing a targeted capacity for various new and expanding systems and projects that have board-wide scope and impact;
• Researching best practices for implementation of systems and projects;
• Recommending implementation plans and acting as a project leader, and;
• Documenting configurations and procedures and training others on the use of new systems.
• Three (3) year degree or diploma in Information Technology or other related specialization, or a
combination of experience, education and training as determined by the Superintendent.
•A minimum three years of progressive related experience.
The successful candidate shall have demonstrated:
• Regular attendance at work;
• Significant leadership and initiative in their work; and
• Extreme attention to detail.
Applications MUST include a complete summary of education and work experience. Applicants must also submit the names of three (3) professional references, one of which must be a current or most recent immediate supervisor, along with telephone numbers and email addresses as well as written authorization from the applicant permitting the Board to contact these references. Information from such persons will be gathered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
For further information or clarification, please contact:
Nick Kitchener, Manager of IT Services
Only applications submitted through Apply to Education will be considered.
Superior-Greenstone District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We provide reasonable accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with the Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Following the interview process all applications will be destroyed.
To apply for this job please visit superiorgreenstone.simplication.com.