Website Open Mind Interiors
Installer – (Full Time Position, 37 – 44 hrs/week)
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Immediate Start Date
Are you good with your hands? Do you like to build things? Do you want to be part of the team that builds the coolest offices around? … If so, then this might be the job for you!
Open Mind Interiors is the only contract office furniture dealership in Northwestern Ontario. We specialize in designing and installing beautiful and functional office spaces. We offer industry leading products, which are sustainable, “green” alternatives to standard drywall construction methods. We build interior walls using a demountable interior wall systems and offer all types of modular furniture, panel furniture systems, acoustic systems and modular flooring. Open Mind Interiors offers a full service model to our customers – providing everything from delivery, installation services, move management and project management for office projects from the Manitoba border to Wawa.
Our “Installer” will work with our installation team to provide top quality installations of our furniture and wall systems in a professional and timely manner. In your role as an Installer, your daily work activities (under the direction of our Lead Installer) will provide you with ongoing product knowledge and building experience. Our goal is to help you become an installation expert and understand what it takes to become a Lead Installer. Eventually, you will lead your own team to oversee and deliver successful project installations for our clients and exceeding their expectations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships – with OMI customers, staff and vendors
- On the job training – to understand all aspects of furniture installation including: delivery and offloading of product on job site, assembly and repair of furniture products on customer sites, on-site installation in coordination with Lead Installer, complete deficiency resolution.
- To work as part of a crew of 1 to 10 installers on a given installation site – this includes physical installation of product, installation problem solving and time management to ensure that every OMI project is completed on time and on budget.
- Exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude and offer excellent customer service at all times
- Implementing our Health and Safety policy and WSIB certification on all job sites
- Proficient use of and general maintenance of company tools
- Grade 12 (minimum) or College Level education
- Valid Driver’s Licence and clean, current Driver’s Abstract
- Police background check and obtaining full government security clearances (OPP, MGS etc.) is mandatory
- You are responsible to arrive at work site on your own (within city limits)
- Personal vehicle is required in this role. Expenses to be reimbursed using CRA standard rates per km
- Clean, professional appearance
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends on an as needed basis
- Must be able to travel throughout our sales territory as required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior construction, carpentry or installation experience is an asset
- Have confidence and experience using hand tools and power tools
- Have strong interpersonal skills, professional etiquette and superior customer service skills
- Be able to work independently, be self-motivated and highly organized, exceptional time management and project planning is required
- Have proven accountability via work attendance records
- Must be detail oriented and be able to solve problems calmly and effectively
- The ability to fulfill all physical aspects of this job including heavy lifting of 70+lbs.
- Have the communication skills to effectively work with your team
- Individuals with previous supervisory experience are preferred
- Forklift license is an asset
- $21 per hour will be offered for this full time position (based on your skill level) to start
- Group Benefits – including dental, medical and life insurance
- Overtime hours may be available based on project schedules and client deadlines
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume to Andre@openmindinteriors.com
To apply for this job email your details to Andre@openmindinteriors.com.