Website Independent First Nations Alliance
Position Title: Pediatrician
Location: Whitesand and Lac Seul
• Reporting to the IFNA Clinical Manager, the Pediatrician is part of the Clinical Health Team with IFNA
• This role would service 2 IFNA communities – Whitesand and Lac Seul
• Providing direct clinical care to children 0-17 in remote northern community.
• Collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary team.
• Complete investigations, treatment, referrals, and documentation.
• Assessing and diagnosing physiological and psychological medical concerns of patients
• Treating physiological and psychological disorders and diseases.
• Prescribing medication and treatments for patients.
• Ordering and analyzing diagnostic and laboratory tests and procedures.
• Complete thorough and accurate documentation related to patient care.
• Specialization in Pediatric Medicine
• Graduated from an accredited university
• MD, License to practice in Ontario
• Registration in good standing with CPSO
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent patient and family interaction and time management skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Current information regarding drugs and medications acceptable for children and the side effects.
• Experience working with First Nations populations.
• Experience working in remote communities of First Nations, Inuit, Metis background.
• Working knowledge of NIHB.
• Priority will be given to candidates of First Nation, Inuit, or Metis ancestry
• 3 to 6 days per month in 3 day blocks.
• Flexible schedule.
Ability to Commute:
• Travel provided within Canada
• $3,000/day in community + travel and meal allowance
Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
Salary will be based on a combination of qualifications and experience.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only selected candidates will be interviewed for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.