Website Horizon North Camps and Catering Partnership
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is 28 days on and 14 days off, or 14 days on and 14 days off, with 11 hour workdays. Transportation is provided to site from a pickup point in Thunder Bay.
The Second Cook is responsible for assisting in the overall kitchen operations and maintenance as well as cleaning and sanitizing of designated kitchen areas, tools, equipment, pots, and dishes.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug, alcohol, and fit to work testing as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Ensure consistent quality standards in food preparation as per client’s requirements and safety and sanitation in kitchen in accordance with Food Safe protocol.
- Prepare food items for Sandwich Making including select and cut breads, cut and wrap sandwiches, slice cold meats and cheese by hand or machine, and distribute meats, fillings, garnish and other ingredients on breads
- Visually inspect appearance of all cold food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal
- Check and control proper storage of all food items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness
- Prepare and set up a full salad bar for lunch and supper
- Ensure food stocks are utilized effectively
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance with a 28 days on/14 days off , or 14 days on and 14 days off rotation.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum five 5 years’ cooking experience in a similar or hotel/institutional environment preferred
- You have at least FoodSafe Level I. SafeCheck advanced food safety certification or HACCP certification is an asset
- You are able to obtain a mark of 80% or higher on the mandatory WHMIS test (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
To apply for this job please visit dexterra.com.