Website Grand Council Treaty #3
GRAND COUNCIL TREATY #3 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position: Territorial Planning Unit Administration Support
Category: Full Time
Location: Kenora, ON
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Grand Council “Territorial Planning Unit Administration Support” supports the work of Grand Council Treaty #3 and assists the TPU Office of Grand Council Administrative Corporate Services. Reporting to the Projects Coordinator, TPU Admin Support will be responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and clerical office duties.
· Answer calls and/or relay messages for the TPU Office;
· Greets visitors, enquires the nature of their business and directs them to appropriate person(s);
· Customer Service as it relates to Grand Council Treaty #3 Authorizations and licensing in the TPU;
· Schedules and confirms appointments and meetings of TPU staff;
· Opens and administers regular and electronic mail for TPU/Executive office and provides general details when required, to ensure proper action is taken on all incoming mail if required;
· Co-ordinates and manages general administrative office services, such as supplies and general office maintenance
· Assist in the planning and organizing of events related to the TPU office as required;
· Assist in the preparation of business-related presentations for the TPU office;
· Provide executive-level administrative support to Grand Council TPU staff;
· Prepare/edit internal /external correspondence including faxes, memos, emails for the TPU office;
· Proofreads correspondence, and related material to TPU/Executive office as required;
· Provides suggestions on TPU office administrative procedures, following approval by supervisor/TPU Director;
· Arranges requests related to travel, accommodation or as advised by the supervisor/TPU director
· Arranges the travel schedule and itinerary of TPU office;
· Record administration credit card transactions and submit monthly reconciliation to the Finance office;
· During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly;
· Other Administrative duties as assigned by the leadership of GCT#3.
· High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
· 1 year of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity.
· Proficient spoken and written English with an understanding of the Anishinaabe language
· Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team);
· Punctual, meticulous and reliable with courteous manners to the public;
· Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
· An Anishinaabe background. Applicants that have prior knowledge of Anishinaabe Worldview; have a basic understanding of the Ojibwe language and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs;
· Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
· Must have valid driver’s license, in good standing and a reliable vehicle;
· Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required upon hiring;
· Must be able to travel on short notice;
· Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas;
· Busy office setting and repetitive work;
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals;
· Interacts with public at large;
· Overtime may be required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.