Website George Jeffrey Children's Centre
Instructor Therapist (Applied Behaviour Analysis)
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, social work, recreation, and behaviour support services to children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs. We are currently seeking a talented Instructor Therapist to work as part of our collaborative, interdisciplinary team.
Working under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor, and using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis, the Instructor Therapist provides intervention services in individual and group therapy settings to children and adolescents with behavioural challenges. Services include direct behavioural therapy at various intensities, summarization of data on observable behaviours, preparation of resources, and collaboration with the treatment plan team including the client, caregivers, school staff, and community agencies. Services are provided in a variety of environments in order to meet needs of children and families.
Why George Jeffrey Children’s Centre?
- Supportive work environment
- New grad mentorship
- Collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Paid education days and professional development opportunities
- Wellness and inclusion initiatives
- Extended health benefits, Employee Assistance Program, pension
- Relocation assistance
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a degree or diploma in the area of psychology or human services (e.g. early childhood education, autism and behavioural studies);
- Knowledge and skills in implementing behavioural strategies;
- Related experience working with children and providing behavioural intervention for children with autism is preferred;
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to obtain;
- Hold a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a personal vehicle;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sector screening.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of pediatric behavioural services, and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered children and families.
Job posting will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.