Website Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation
Are you interested in Forestry or Natural Resources Management? Do you have GIS
experience and education through an accredited GIS program? Then you may be
interested in this full-time/permanent position as a Forestry GIS Technical Specialist
with the Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation (NFMC).
The NFMC is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who has the experience and skills to develop,
implement, and maintain a forestry GIS database system, associated maps, and digital products. The Forestry GIS
Technical Specialist supports all aspects of NFMC’s business including forest management plans, annual planning
products, forest renewal programs, and specific digital client products. The Forestry GIS Technical Specialist reports
to the Operations Manager but works collaboratively with the entire organization.
The NFMC offers a strong benefits package, RRSP Contribution Plan, along with competitive compensation. At the
NFMC, our structure and culture provide opportunities for growth and innovative thinking. The successful applicant
will work in a team environment, supporting initiatives to solve operational challenges.
• Post-secondary education with a degree/diploma in GIS/computer applications/programming.
• Good working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap 10.x, I.T. systems, networks, GPS and associated
• Ability to follow technical specifications across data management and mapping products.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of office products.
• Ability to work individually and collaborate in a team environment.
• Enthusiasm and a passion for GIS and forestry.
• Living in Marathon Ontario.
• 2 or more years experience in natural resources management in a GIS capacity.
• Knowledge of Sustainable Forest Licensees business and associated products.
• General understanding of operational forestry practices and forest management planning.
Position salary range between $51,000 – $75,000. Starting salary will be commensurate based on experience and
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Neil McDonald, Operations Manager
P.O. Box 1479, Marathon, Ontario, P0T 2E0
Posting will remain open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
If requested, accommodation(s) will be made for those with disabilities. If a candidate requires accommodation(s)
at any time throughout the application process, please contact NFMC prior to the posting closing date so that
appropriate arrangements can be made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.