RespiteServices.com is looking for Direct Respite Providers to provide social, recreational, and personal support to children, adults, and seniors with a special need/chronic health condition in the city of Thunder Bay & District and the Kenora/Rainy River region. This support provides family caregivers a much-needed break from their caregiving duties and can be provided in the family home or out in the community.
Direct Respite Providers come from a variety of backgrounds with a variety of skills and experience levels. They are self-motivated, committed to inclusion, and passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of the people they serve.
What is RespiteServices.com?
RespiteServices.com is an online database of pre-screened Direct Respite Providers looking to provide support to families of individuals with a special need/chronic health condition.
Direct Respite Providers work directly with families, either as an independent contractor or as an employee of the family. Respite Providers organize their schedule with families, at a time and in a way that works best for everyone.
- Experience and/or education supporting individuals with a special need/chronic health condition
- Good working knowledge of community resources/programming for individuals with special needs
- First Aid + CPR certificate and access to a vehicle is an asset
How to Apply:
- Submit your online application to RespiteServices.com and attach a resume.
Successful applicants will be granted an interview and must:
- Provide three work/volunteer-related references
- Consent to and provide a clear Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Attend a Direct Respite Provider Information Session
Upon completion of these steps, a Coordinator will provide support to facilitate matches between Direct Respite Providers and families. Training and supervision are provided by the family.
Rate of Pay: to be negotiated with the family
Job Type: part-time/casual/flexible (days, evenings, weekends, overnights, summer)
Education: some college/university (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.RespiteServices.com.