Website Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Under the direction of the Adult Transitional Housing Services Manager, the Cultural Wellness Mentor is responsible for ensuring the cultural needs of youth/adult clients are met who are on the Home for Good case management and waitlist. This includes managing the Home for Good client waitlist; opening new referrals; regular appropriate documentation on all client files; maintaining regular contact and meeting with clients; assisting with client appointments or needs; attend bi-weekly case review meetings, provide daily traditional healing, guidance, teachings, sacred circles and traditional ceremonies for youth participants within Adult Transitional Housing services. The Cultural Wellness Mentor is responsible to work collaboratively with the team to ensure program delivery is consistent with the philosophy, approach, goals and learning environment established by Dilico Anishinabek Family Care which will ensure the cultural, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of children/youth and their families.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum post-secondary education; preference in area of Native Studies or related Human Services diploma with a minimum 3 years’ experience in Cultural programming for youth. A combination of skills, education and life learning specific to traditional knowledge may be considered
- An individual who is of Anishinabe ancestry with understanding, practice and sharing of Anishinabe history, culture, traditions, ceremonies and values is preferred
- Preferred (3-5) three to five years’ experience in Human Services involving developing and delivering of Cultural programming for youth
- Candidates without the specific education qualifications and where the position does not require certified qualification to practice, but who possess an appropriate combination of experience and other academic qualifications will also be considered
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Search; including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Adult Transitional Housing Services Manager in relation to service requirements
- Must posses a Class “G” Driver’s Licence and have access to a personal vehicle
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate is recommended
- Must complete a medical and receive the required immunizations as recommended by the local medical officer of health
Hours of Work: 325 per week
Wage Range: $24.47 – $31.92 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.dilico.com.