Website Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Why should YOU choose Dilico?
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- OMERS Pension plan available to all employees
- Competitive salaries
- EFAP available to all employees and their families
- A chance to make a difference in the community
Multiple positions available
The Child and Youth Worker is responsible to ensure the current placement needs of youth in his/her care are met; to actively participate in the development of a plan of care and/or with carrying out the plan for each youth placed in the group home; and to provide the case work for youth in the group home.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A three-year Child and Youth Worker Diploma or post secondary education in disciplines focused on working with youth such as Aboriginal specific, Community, Health, Protective and Education may be considered
- One year of experience working directly with Anishinabek youth in a group home setting is preferred
- Child welfare experience would be an asset
- Candidates without the specific education qualifications, but who possess an appropriate combination of child welfare experience and other academic qualifications will also be considered
- A satisfactory criminal records check
- Ability to work shift work (includes evenings and weekends) and report to work on short notice in relation to service requirements
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License;
- Access to a reliable, personal vehicle
- $1,000,000 liability vehicle insurance
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR certificate
- Complete a medical and receive the required immunizations as recommended by the local medical officer of health
- Must participate in and qualify for certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training provided by the agency
Hours of Work: The position is based on a as needed basis at your availability and convenience
Wage Range: $24.47 per hour
If you experience issues with our online application system please apply directly at email@example.com the competition number must be quoted in the email subject line.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Dilico is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Dilico gives preference to Anishinabek people.
To apply for this job please visit www.dilico.com.