Website Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Why should YOU choose Dilico?
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- OMERS Pension plan available to all employees
- Competitive salaries
- EFAP available to all employees and their families
- A chance to make a difference in the community
Multiple positions available
The Support Service Worker is a multi-functional paraprofessional who is responsible for the delivery of in home support and personal care to ill, frail, handicapped and disabled persons of all ages so that they may remain independent in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum one-year PSW Certificate is required and preference to applicants with awareness or familiarity of developmental services practice
- Developmental Service Worker DSW Certificate is appropriate with willingness for providing personal support worker care also
- Minimum of two (2) years direct experience in the provision of in home personal care and/or community based home care service delivery
- Experience in the facilitation and/or coordination of community programs and services is an asset
- Candidates without the specific education qualifications and where the position does not require certified qualification to practice, but who possess an appropriate combination of experience and other academic qualifications will also be considered
- Personal support Worker Certificate or be willing and able to complete Personal Support Worker Certificate training or training of a similar nature
- Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to work with clients of all ages, including infants, children, adults and the elderly
- Must possess a Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Must be able to work flexible hours in a home, school, and/or community setting as required
- Must have a valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Access to a personal vehicle with one million liability auto insurance coverage
- A criminal record check is required upon hiring
Hours of Work: Casual – as needed
Wage Range: $24.47 per hour
If you experience issues with our online application system please apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org the competition number must be quoted in the email subject line.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Dilico is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Dilico gives preference to Anishinabek people.
To apply for this job please visit www.dilico.com.