Website Cochrane Temiskaming Children's Treatment Centre
The Recreation Therapist provides a range of services including assessment, consultation, and treatment planning to assist children and youth in achieving their optimum rehabilitation potential and functional independence in the areas of meaningful participation in recreation and leisure activities. The Recreation Therapist supervises therapy assistants, provides family education, supports CT CTC service delivery
processes and engages in public awareness activities
The Recreation Therapist is part of a multidisciplinary team and functions in accordance with the policies, philosophies, mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Diploma in Recreation with Post Diploma in Recreation for Special Populations/Therapeutic Recreation –or- Post-secondary degree in Recreation with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation
- Proficiency in English and French (written and verbal)
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Clear vulnerable persons screen check
- Member in good standing of Therapeutic Recreation Association of Ontario, or eligible to become a member
- Experience in pediatric rehabilitation or working with children/youth with special needs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.