Batcher / Dispatcher
Lafarge, one of Canada’s leading suppliers of ready mix concrete has a requirement for Ready-Mix Batcher / Dispatcher for the Marathon, ON area immediately. This position will be defined as full-time.
In a fast paced, customer oriented environment, responsible for scheduling concrete deliveries, providing pricing to customers, ordering raw material as required for production and ensuring accurate batching to produce a quality product to meet the customers’ requirement on a daily basis. This role will assist the plant manager in his/her daily plant operation duties by managing resources needed and batch quality concrete. In this role, you will also be asked to supervise a group of drivers and help coordinate the truck loading process, batch the appropriate concrete, and coordinate plant maintenance. Safety is the number one priority and, as such, you will need to supervise safe working procedures and follow group policies.
- Customer Relations – on the phone and visits to customers as required
- Efficient Driver Call Ins – scheduling drivers and delivery schedules, while meeting customer expectations and plant operating capabilities
- Coordinating Daily Customer Projects
- Plant Efficiency – understanding of plant operations, maintenance, ordering supplies
- Keep a safe working environment
- Ensure raw material orders for the production needed
- Inspect plant daily prior to operation
- Respect environment policy
- Manage safe operation of sub-contractor or internal maintenance team
- Ensures accurate batching of concrete to produce a quality product
- Receive raw materials
- Basic data entry
- Ensure quality product to customer.
- Customer service.
- Raw inventory material.
- Plant maintenance.
- Scheduling drivers & orders.
- Timely concrete deliveries
- Optimizing batching system
- Experience in ready mix concrete strongly preferred
- Ability to support various sites and travel between locations as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills, must be able to learn new programs quickly; Microsoft office basic knowledge (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure in busy environment
- Customer service oriented
- Good organization and planning skills
- Strong math abilities
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Self-starter, with excellent work ethic
- Available to work overtime as needed
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply to NEW ( email@example.com) state in your email which position/employer you are applying to
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.