Website Aviation Intertec Services
Aviation InterTec Services (AIS) is a successful Thunder Bay company specializing in cloud-based workflow solutions and information display systems for the aviation and transportation sectors. Since 2002, AIS has grown steadily and boasts over 100 corporate customers and 5000 users.
AIS is specifically seeking an intelligent network administrator to manage, plan, and document the business network. The Jira ticketing system will be used to track progress of initiatives and respond to network administration tasks and employee support requests.
In seeking high-quality individuals AIS offers comparatively high pay, higher than normal vacation allowance, an RRSP matching retirement plan and comprehensive health benefits.
- Support required for 20 end-users, end-user devices, and a server cabinet of server and networking equipment.
- Become familiar with current infrastructure and make recommendations for improvement
- Plan and execute all upgrades
- Plan for the long-term success of the company
- Ensure high availability of all servers and site
- Monitor traffic flow and fix bottlenecks
- Administer switches, routers, and servers
- Administer VPN and remote access
- Maintenance of the Domain ( LDAP, permissions )
- Create scripts and tools for developers and personnel to perform various required tasks
- Determine an infrastructure life-cycle for UPS’, switches, and routers
- Determine an infrastructure life-cycle for servers, desktops, and office IT equipment
- Create and follow a long-term budget for all hardware
- Maximize the utilization of equipment
- Establish and maintain a standard for employee devices
Education and Certifications
- College diploma in IT, networking, or related field
- Microsoft certifications relevant to on-premises hosting
- Demonstrated ability to precisely follow complex instructions
- Must be available to work in Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Must be legally eligible to work full time in Canada without sponsorship
- Technical writing
- Windows Server
- Exchange Server
- Microsoft license management
- Server hardware
- Network protocols
The salary for this position is $65,000 CAD/year.
Additional Desirable Attributes
- Must work well autonomously and in a team
- 1+ years network administration experience