Website Autism Ontario
During a time of transition and significant program changes, parents/caregivers will require support to understand their options in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP), and their changed role as system navigators and employers. Autism Ontario will play a key role in offering direct support to families who are accessing the OAP through workshops, training sessions, and individualized support. The focus of these family supports will be on providing information about funding that is available to them and assisting families with navigating local and provincial services. This position is dynamic in nature and will require leaders who demonstrate creativity and are collaborative, solution focused, and flexible.
Autism Ontario Program Objectives:
Provide direct support to families who are accessing OAP services by helping them:
· Understand and make informed choices about their services options in the OAP
· Make informed choices on how to spend allocated funding
· Find and select qualified clinical service providers
· Complete and submit required documentation and reconcile invoices
· Feel supported in connecting to available support and services and events in their local communities
Event & Outreach Specialist Objectives:
The Event & Outreach Specialist will work collaboratively with the broader Autism Ontario Team, to plan, coordinate and successfully deliver events and build capacity across the Province. These events will support families in relation to ASD such as Social Learning Opportunities (SLO’s) and workshops for families and professionals. This position will work collaboratively to enhance supports in underserved communities to create opportunities for further involvement with Autism Ontario. Relationship building within the community and raising awareness of the Autism Ontario Program will also be a key role within this position.
· Responsible for developing a quarterly, province-wide event and outreach schedule as well as developing a promotional and outreach plan for events and workshops that utilizes Autism Ontario’s website, social media, and other appropriate venues.
· Plan, coordinate and implement outreach events that support families in relation to ASD such as social learning opportunities and workshops for families and professionals – identify suitable venues, schedule activities, create and distribute marketing materials, recruit and secure volunteer support, ensure technology capabilities for virtual events.
· Work alongside key stakeholders in underserved communities to determine where gaps in service exist; gather community feedback to determine needs and desired outcomes.
· Utilize information gathered from Autism Ontario’s annual survey, feedback forms, and in person focus groups to produce responsive, community driven supports
· Lead multi-lingual support groups for caregivers as well as multi-lingual information sessions when required.
· Review event feedback: maintain all event documentation, as well as track and record relevant program data in a timely manner.
· Engage in outreach initiatives across the province to develop relationships with service providers and educate other stakeholders in the sector about the Autism Ontario Program.
· Host opportunities for families to connect in person and virtually through educational events and parent support groups.
· Work with volunteers to support events and grow leadership capacity
· Work with the Management Team to plan and coordinate provincial training events; provincial staff celebrations; team building exercises
· Liaise with parents and families in multiple ways including face to face and via phone,
email, support group meetings and online conferencing.
· Educate families on all relevant details about the OAP and ensure that they are in complete understanding of their options and services available to them.
· Ensure that family information in the database is current and accurate and that files are completed as per Autism Ontario’s policies and procedures
· Assist families by using knowledge of all relevant services in Ontario and understanding of community inclusion to access the supports and services they require to achieve their goals
· Ensure that services are accessible, responsive, and respectful of families’ values and needs.
· Develop collaborative relationships and network with related service providers to strengthen external partnerships to help inform families and connect them to programs, services, and resources available in their local communities.
· Contribute to Autism Ontario’s program evaluation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.