Hydroponics Farm Hand (NOC: 8432)
Website AgriTech North
Education: Completion of High School required.
Experience: Prior experience in greenhouses, agriculture, gardening, biology, plumbing, or contracting preferred. Skills: Driver’s License Required. Personable with members of the public. Organized and detail oriented. Interested in career advancement in the high-tech agriculture industry. Passionate about resolving food insecurity on a large scale. Comfortable getting hands dirty. Comfortable on ladders. On-the-job training available.
• Perform limited range of technical functions in support of indoor agriculture.
• Prune plants according to instructions and training from Grower and/or Manager.
• Cleaning activities throughout the facility, whether agriculture-related or general facility maintenance.
• Identify warning signs of plant health indicators and advise on the need for corrective measures.
• Mix nutrients, sterilizers, and other chemicals.
• Work independently or as part of a team.
• Harvest fresh produce, package, and distribute.
• Maintain sanitation and a sanitary environment. Follow safety and sanitation protocols.
• Assist in conducting research by collecting data and samples of water and plant matter.
• Participate in distribution by transporting goods to clients throughout Northwestern Ontario, when necessary.
• Other duties as required for daily operations of the facility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.