Northern Neighbours Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Under the direction of the Lead Nurse Practitioner (NP), the Registered Nurse (RN) provides primary health care services to clients across the lifespan. The RN works in a multidisciplinary team emphasizing a holistic approach to health promotion, disease prevention, and health assessment. The RN is a key provider in delivering chronic disease management, preventative care programs and health promotion services, such as smoking cessation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
• Registration with the CNO, in good standing.
• Clinical experience in a primary care setting preferred.
• Experience in a primary health care setting preferred.
• Additional training or credentialing (e.g. Certified Diabetes Educator etc.) is considered an asset.
• Current First Aid/CPR certification. and
• Proficiency in English required, French an asset.
• Leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of patient programs.
• Works collaboratively with the NP`s to provide primary care to patients.
• Provides chronic disease and health promotion education to individual patients or groups.
• Provide team education on specific topics as requested.
• Develop, update, distribute and maintain clinical resources for the clinic.
• Assist with vaccinations provided within the clinic including oversight of annual Flu Clinics.
• Provide leadership and oversight for annual PAP clinics, intake program for patients, smoking cessation and NRT services and other programs as required.
• Provide coverage for RPN position when required.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery for nurses, with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Quality Improvement.
• Exhibit an ability to be open and non-judgmental.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Experience in program design, delivery and evaluation
• Proficiency in the use of computers and experience with an Electronic Health Record.
• Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and two work related references to:
Carolyn Burton, Clinic Administrator
102 Winnipeg Street, P.O. Box 278
White River, ON P0M 3G0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Northern Neighbours Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Requests for accommodation can be made at any time throughout the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.