Project Technologist, Hazardous Materials
Website Pinchin Ltd.
Today is the day to boost your career! Pinchin is seeking a Project Technologist to join our Hazardous Materials team in our Kenora, ON office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Project Technologist will conduct effective worker exposure and workplace monitoring, safety inspections and audits. You will assist in developing various types of hygiene, health and safety documentation, prepare technical reports and liaise with clients to ensure their needs and goals are met.
A Day in the life of a Project Technologist at Pinchin:
- Conduct site investigations – asbestos, mould, mercury, PCBs, lead etc.
- Conduct field work, including visits to sites and supervise remediation activities
- Coordinate and supervise sub-contractors
- Interpret and analyze sample results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines
- Prepare technical reports
- Manage time of projects effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with clients and sub-contractors to ensure health, safety and hygiene needs are addressed and met
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
What you bring to the Pinchin team:
- Entry level to two years of experience
- Hazardous Materials, Indoor Environmental Quality, and OHS industry experience an asset
- Related Post-secondary education an asset
- C.E.T. or related designations will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of environmental and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- Familiarity with building systems (structure, envelope, HVAC, electrical, plumbing etc.) an asset
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural drawings an asset
- Experience working with environmental monitoring equipment an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to follow detailed instructions
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Availability to work outside our core business hours and rotational weekends
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance as travel around the designated region is required
What’s in it for you:
Of course, we offer competitive salaries and great benefits, but what makes Pinchin stand out from the crowd? Above all else, we care about our employees and the world around us!
Our employees enjoy mentoring and career development programs, opportunities for community involvement including many environmental initiatives, a casual dress code, paid personal days, three weeks’ paid vacation to start, reimbursement for association membership dues, a wellness spending account, social activities, team building events, corporate hotel rates and much more!
All of this and more in an inclusive, dynamic work environment! Take a look to see all Pinchin has to offer: Pinchin Benefits
Please note that our recruitment process may involve online testing, depending on the position. As an employee of Pinchin, you will be required by our clients to undergo security clearances and, periodically, drug and alcohol testing in order to gain access to certain job sites.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Pinchin however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, selected candidates for operations positions will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in order to meet client vaccination mandate requirements.
** No agency phone calls please**
At Pinchin, our employees are the heart of our business. If you’re ready to build on your technical and project management skills, we have the resources and subject matter experts to support your career growth. We provide a dynamic and forward-thinking culture that is based on integrity, respect, social responsibility and a passion for learning.
Pinchin Ltd. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm that provides a wide range of engineering, building sciences, geosciences, environmental, and occupational health and safety solutions across Canada.
We are committed to employment practices that promote a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please inform us.
Working together, making things better!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.