Lab Patient Technician (candidates with no prior experience are encouraged to apply – training is provided)
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Patient Technician to join our team in Dryden, ON (40 Goodall St).
As a Lab Patient Technician you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives.
This is a Part Time role. Shifts will be scheduled Monday to Thursday anytime between 7.45am to 4pm. Additional shifts may be scheduled on Fridays for training or meetings. Candidates must be available to be scheduled some shifts in advance, as well as be available for sick call coverage.
In this role you will:
– Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
– Perform blood draws (phlebotomies), connect/disconnect holter monitors, and perform ECG tracings.
– Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
– Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
– Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
– Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service, and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include: empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem solving skills.
Other requirements include
– Graduate of an approved Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent (preferred)
– Phlebotomy experience (training is provided)
– Excellent communication skills.
– Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
– Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lifelabs.com.