Surgical Services Registered Nurse (Part-time Permanent, 0.40 FTE)
Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
$34.24 to $49.02 hourly
As per ONA Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the OR Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will working in pre-op, recovery room and the OR theatre. This will include treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions that require surgical treatment and you will assist with scheduled elective surgeries. Visiting specialists provide an expanded surgical experience in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Pay in lieu of vacation and benefits provided
– A third party partnered, self-directed and initiated benefits package through Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance is provided that includes customizable health and dental plans, life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), and accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D) based on package eligibility
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Current Certification in ACLS required
– Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Postgraduate program for preoperative preparation
– Certification in perioperative nursing (CPN-C) preferred
– Minimum of two (2) years clinical O.R. experience OR willing to commit to 6 months of full-time training
– Ability to function independently in a perioperative setting
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Ability to function in a stressful environment
– Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of the position
– Demonstrate knowledge/experience in teaching perioperative care plans to surgical patients
– Ability to perform critical assessments of unconscious post-operative patients and direct postoperative pain management
– Ability to perform critical assessments of day surgical patient needs
– Ability to function as part of multidisciplinary team
– Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset
– Able and willing to participate on on-call schedule and respond to calls within 30 minutes
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.