Website Kenora District Services Board
Competition # ISS 23-55
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Regular, Full-Time Integrated Social Services Case Manager located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services (ISS) team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, professional development, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the ISS Supervisor, the ISS Case Manager is responsible for providing coordinated access to all KDSB programs and determining the initial and ongoing eligibility of applicants through integrated case management for the residents of the Kenora District.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Monitoring and analyzing individuals’ circumstances to determine ongoing eligibility in accordance with legislation and policies and making decisions relating to the suspension, reduction, and/or loss of benefits or tenancy.
- Negotiating a mutually acceptable case plan with each client and assisting with implementation and follow-up by meeting with individuals to assess their employability, identify barriers, and set realistic goals to reduce their need for income support.
- Counselling individuals with employment goals and social needs and making appropriate referrals to placements, training, counselling, jobs, and other support services.
- Reviewing and explaining participation agreements, rental leases, and childcare contracts.
- Ensuring individuals seeking assistance as empowered through encouragement, mutual respect, and equal opportunity to achieve financial independence through employment.
- Transfer client information to electronic systems to initiate, modify, or determine payments and ensure benefits are paid in a timely manner when warranted.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals, co-workers, management, the public, employers, and other community agencies.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation and acts that fall within the scope of the ISS department along with knowledge of community programs to assist individuals with their needs.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, leadership, marketing, and negotiating to effectively interact with and assist individuals while being motivational and relating empathetically to individuals’ situations.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use specific case manager software and administrative systems including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and data input and retrieval.
- Ability to speak French would be considered an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Social Services or similar.
- Three years’ experience in Social Services and Case Management.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
The starting hourly wage for this position is $33.03 in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
This posting will remain open until filled.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.